Thursday, August 14, 2008

Getting Better

It's Korea's Independence Day today so I have the day off! :)

Work went pretty smoothly this week. I actually felt like I had time to breathe, unlike last week.

I have a medical examination tomorrow morning so I can get my Alien Registration Card. I need to bring my passport and one photo. I thought I brought my extra passport photos with me to Korea, but I must have thrown them away before I moved. So I'm thinking about using this as my ARC photo. It was drawn by Jenny who is in my Hi Kids 4 class. :)



But I'll probably go with this one. I took it myself today and now I just need to find a place to actually print it out.



Here's Sophie (in back) and Hera (in front) who are in my Reading Comprehension class. Hera sobbed for 5 minutes in class yesterday after she got one wrong on her spelling test. I wanted to give her a huge hug and buy her an ice cream cone or something to make her feel better.



Here is Sarah who is also in Reading Comprehension. Layla (her best friend in the class) wanted nothing to do with this picture.



I had to cut a student's hair in class on Wednesday. Regina had a metal heart charm hanging off the end of her pencil and it got completely tangled in her hair. We tried for a couple minutes to unwind her hair from it but I ended up just cutting off a chunk of her hair. The kids thought it was hilarious.

Every classroom at SLP is named after an animal. I'm usually in Owl Classroom. The air conditioning works well everywhere except in Owl Classroom so I have to deal with kids whining about how hot it is and then they become lethargic because it IS really hot in there. I (and some of my fellow teachers) complain about it on a regular basis but I think it will take awhile to actually get fixed.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Yay I'm glad this week has been better - the first one sounded crazy.

(btw, I just noticed on the little clock at the side - you're only two hours behind me now! teehee)

Anonymous said...

Loving the pics!
You look happy. And I'm so glad that this week was better. xo

O Escarlate said...

Carly, i'm loving your posts! seems like you're doing a great job. from a fellow teacher to another, i think you'll do an amazing job with these kids. cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry I haven't been in touch, but love hearing what you're up to! I've been back in MN for a couple weeks now and have to live international adventure vicariously. I'm making a comment on this entry because I loved the portrait of you done by one of your students -- the resemblance to the real-life you is remarkable! ;) A big hug, Katie