Friday, December 12, 2008

Too cute

I have been really sick since Wednesday morning and stayed home from work yesterday and today. I have a horrible cough (which at times actually makes me vomit), a fever (I have been drenched in sweat since 2 this afternoon), absolutely no appetite, major joint pain, and moderate pain EVERYWHERE else. Maria had her two kindergarten classes make get-well cards for me yesterday. All of them are priceless, but I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you. I got them last night and some of the students decided to put a letter inside a letter inside a letter inside a letter...and enclosed them with a shitload of scotch tape. I thought, "Thanks, guys. I don't have the energy to even try to open your get-well letters right now." Anyway, the school Christmas party is going on right now at a restaurant that's near our apartment. We did Secret Santa. I chose Mr. Yang's name. Mr. Yang is one of the owners of SLP. Our head teacher told me he really likes soju (the Korean version of vodka) but I decided the gift of tea would be better. :) I sent my gift along with Meredith. I'm pretty bummed out that I'm not well enough to attend the party. And I am supposed to stay at a Buddhist temple this weekend and I don't think I'm going to make it to that either. Ok, on to the get-well cards...



Ashley has no idea who I am. I've never had her in class. I'm fairly sure she will know my gender once she meets me. And I think "dan mite me" is supposed to be "then meet me." :)







I have absolutely no idea what "come back without your body" means, but it's enticing nonetheless.

PS: The kindergartners speak much better than they write. Believe me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it means "come back with no illness in your body" or else that might be a really weird little kid!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha - what cuties

Get better and please keep your body - you ARE good people!

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

"Come back without your body" is the funniest thing I've read all day.

I hope you feel better soon snoodledoodle!

RiceCzeks said...

Awww. I hope you get better soon!!!
It's sad you might not get to go to the Buddhist temple, that sounds like fun.
I'm glad your kids like you enough to send you get-well cards.

Anonymous said...

Those cards are hysterical, but I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon. I miss you. ♥