Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I keep uprooting myself unknowingly."

Hi, all-

I am (and have been) at a point where I'm counting down the days until my contract is complete. So imagine my unhappiness and frustration when my boss asked me to stay for an extra month (sorry, Grandma)...because it's difficult to hire people who graduate from college in the middle of May and then to get them here at the end of July (which is when I SHOULD be finished). I can say no, of course, but I'll probably stay that extra month. We have a week-long vacation at the end of July. I didn't do anything on that vacation last year because I had just gotten here a week before that. And I didn't go anywhere on Christmas vacation. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to travel to Bali. I need an awesome trip to plan and look forward to so I remain relatively sane.

Now I am going to post some pictures in an attempt to appreciate how cute my kids are.

Huey, looking pensively at the wall:



I accidentally captured the essence of Darcie:



Jason, looking like a VERY unhappy sunshine:



Dana, as an adorable butterfly:



Four of my favorite students: (from front to back- Jooa, Huey, Daniel, Sarah)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

carly, these photos are so cute. and are you really coming to bali in july? let's meet there, shall we?